Sunday, January 15, 2012

Job

Tonight's Girls Group we talked about Job!  


What can we learn from Job's life:
1. Sometimes Bad things happen (even to good people)
2.  Don't give up!
3.  Job praised God even when he had nothing.
4.  God is in control!
5.  We should appreciate the good and bad things in life
6.  We can learn and grow from difficulties in our lives!
7.  I know there are more.....

Here is the video I showed tonight! 








We also talked about being afraid!  I have to admit that fear is a struggle for at times!
Here are some of my favorite scriptures that talk about not being afraid.

Isaiah 41:13  For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you Do not fear I will help you.

Exodus 14:13  Moses answered the people Do not be afraid, stand firm, and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring.

Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and Courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you, He will never leave your nor forsake you.  

2 Timothy 2:10 But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid.  I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.

Hebrews 13:6 So we say with confidence, The Lord is my helper I will not be afraid.  What can mere mortals do to me?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives.  Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you,  Be strong and Courageous. Do not be afraid. Do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.



There are tons more... I can get you a list if you like! 

I can't even begin to imagine how rough Job had things, but I have felt pain and disappointment and wondered why me?  And almost every time I am reminded of Job's story and I know that I really don't have it so bad.  That God is in control and I will praise Him for the good and in the bad! 

Praying for you this week!  Don't forget to pray for your prayer partner! 

Have a Beautiful Day!
Christina

No comments: