Thursday, October 15, 2009

Faithful Friends


Hello Beautiful Girls! So the devotion below is from Bethany Hamilton's book Rise Above, I hope you enjoy it! Also a Reminder we have Girls Group this week, Middle School is at the church in the green room (I think it's 304), High School meeting at the Smith's 6:30-8:00 p.m. Hope to see you there! Don't forget to sign up for the Revolve Tour!

FAITHFUL FRIENDS
by Bethany Hamilton

One of the greatest gifts God has given me is my friends. One of my dearest friends is Alana, my surfing buddy. Alana was surfing with me when I got attacked by the shark. She stayed with me through the whole thing. She's awesome!

I have a big ohana of friends too: friends from my church, friends from the community, and friends from the surfing world. Then there's my tight group of personal friends. These are the friends who will love me no matter what. They loved me with two arms, and they love me now with one arm. My friends have been the greatest to help me through the tough times. They've made me laugh and feel normal again.

God wants us to be Christ-like in our relationships with our friends. He wants us to be a friend others can trust and receive encouragement from--not condemnation or criticism.

Jesus is the best friend you could ever have. He wants only what is best for us. He gives us guidance in his Word for our safety and protection. He promises to never leave us or forsake us. Real friends are like Jesus. They shine with Jesus' love. I hope you will be a friend like that.

Proverbs 17:17 A friend loves at all times.

What kind of friend are you? What kind of friends do you have?

Have a Beautiful Day! Know you are Loved, Thought of, & Prayed for!
(Oh and you have a friend in Jesus)

Christina

P.S. Ohana is Hawaiian for family or close group. Who is in your Ohana group?

No comments: